Integrity Texas is a coalition of nonprofit, nonpartisan groups across Texas: Common Ground for Texans, The League of Women Voters of Texas, Common Cause Texas, Public Citizen, Clean Elections Texas, Texans for Public Justice. Believing that there is strength in numbers, we have joined forces to put pressure on the House Elections Committee to pass HB 496 calling on Texas to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC). This compact among states makes the Electoral College irrelevant, and ensures that the presidency goes to the candidate with the most votes nationwide. We believe that each vote should count equally. Wyoming voters should not have a greater influence than Texas voters in electing our President and Vice President. For more information about the NPVIC, why we think the Electoral College has outlasted its lifetime, and how the NPVIC works visit here.
Search posts and pages
- Study: Texas voter education campaign failed to prevent ID confusion
- Our Op-ed on the National Popular Vote
- Federal judges rule three Texas congressional districts illegal
- DMN: Texas must act now to repair damage to Public Information Act
- Dallas Morning News Article re Article V Convention Mega-Donors